SPP Investment Profile
The SPP Trustees are well aware of the importance that their governance of the Plan’s investment portfolio plays in the future financial wellbeing of all Plan members. They work with a respected pension investment consultant to select tier one investment managers, set clear investment parameters for them, and closely monitor their performance.
- Connor, Clark & Lunn — Canadian equities
- PH & N Investment Services — fixed income (corporate and government bonds)
- Mawer Investment Management — foreign equities (outside the US)
- TD Asset Management — Canadian real estate and US equities
- Northleaf Capital Partners — private corporate debt.
To manage risk and secure the ongoing financial health of the Plan, SPP maintains a well-diversified portfolio.
Steelworkers Pension Plan Policy Asset Mix
30% – Canadian Equities
15% – US Equities
10% – International Equities
25% – Fixed Income
15% – Canadian Real Estate
5% – Private Debt
SPP Investment Returns by calendar year (%)
Gross returns, before management fees
Steelworkers Pension Plan
90 Burnhamthorpe Rd W Suite 300
Mississauga, ON L5B 3C3
SIGN UP FOR THE SPP NEWSLETTER
The SPP Newsletter features news about our Plan and information of interest to current and potential members. I understand that I can unsubscribe at any time.
"*" indicates required fields